Interns at the City Gallery at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Waterfront Park have unique opportunities to:
- Experience the inner workings of a municipal gallery
- Meet local artists and discuss their work with them
- See the exhibition installation process from start to finish
- Create marketing materials
- Work with social media
- Expand their resumes with hands-on experience
- Improve communication through customer service
- Perform research
Internship positions are unpaid and focus on exhibition production, marketing, and special events. If you are interested in applying for an internship at the City Gallery, please e-mail your resume and contact information to CityGallery@charleston-sc.gov. Eligible candidates for internship will have a background in Art, Art History, or Arts Administration/Management.
Participants may be eligible for academic credit and/or special funded programs through their college or university.